You are interested in learning and applying the latest technology trends? You’re passionate about the development and optimization of data processing? Here is the ideal job!
district m is looking for a Data Engineer that will be based in San Francisco. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly pivot and change their design. We require someone who takes pride in their work, learns quickly, and adapts to ever-changing standards.
- Develop and maintain big data processing applications, both batch and streaming processes (Apache Spark)
- Work within the development team on building data solutions, visualizations and dashboards
- Enable the product and business needs in data
- Assist in designing machine learning and predictive statistical models
- Convert Machine Learning and Predictive models to production-grade algorithms that scale
- Collaborate with internal teams for BI needs (reports, visualizations and ad hoc analysis)
- Effectively communicate insights through reports and presentations skills like data storytelling
- Design new data models and data pipelines
- Manage support and maintain existing data pipelines
- Create dashboards and data exploration models (Looker)
- Develop and maintain data extraction tools (REST, API and clients)
- Occasionally provide ad hoc data
- Good Scala and/or Python skills
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Overall knowledge of data transfer formats and tools like JSON, Protobuf, Kafka, AWS Kinesis, etc.
- Overall knowledge of data storage formats (AVRO, Parquet, ORC)
- Overall knowledge of basic data pipeline concepts
- Knowledge in statistical modeling and core AI and machine learning algorithms (an asset)
- Knowledge of Apache Spark and Apache Flink (an asset)
- Knowledge of Amazon Redshift and LookML (an asset)
- Knowledge of PHP (an asset)
- Skilled at assessing business requirements
- Well organized and pays attention to details
- Eager to challenge the status quo and willing to learn new programming languages
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous group insurance plan
- Access to the company's stock option plan after your 1st year of service
- 3 weeks of vacation and holiday time off
- 4 additional weeks of vacation during your 5th year at district m
- In-house training programs on our company and industry
- Encouragement and funding of continuing education and training
- Personalized development plans and access to a career growth tool
- Very active social committee and free online sports classes
- Access to a tool that measures your engagement and job satisfaction anonymously
- Pairing with a buddy for your first 6 months
- Advantageous referral program
- Young, inspiring, and dynamic work environment
- Casual dress code
- Work from home and flexible hours
- And more!
About district m
district m is a company founded in Montréal in 2013, offering programmatic solutions. The district m Ad Exchange creates an open and transparent marketplace for publishers and advertisers to facilitate access and maximize today's digital advertising demand.
Becoming a districter means joining a team of inspiring people who are continually looking for ways to push the boundaries. district m is proud to offer a pleasant and open work environment where everyone is encouraged to share their ideas and where everyone's opinion is heard.
With offices in Montréal, Toronto and New York City, district m is a fast-growing company that intends to make its mark in the digital media environment as the partner of choice for any type of business.