Reporting to the VP, Financial Planning and Analysis and Investor Relations, the Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis will work with cross-functional leaders to provide insightful financial analyses, create robust financial models and operating budgets and measure actionable KPIs. The Manager, FP&A will work hand-in-hand with the business intelligence and accounting teams to support departments to ensure we are performing against plan and provide advisory around investments, efficiency and growth.
- Participate in the management and improvement of the company’s financial model and build new models that enable leadership to make effective strategic decisions.
- Collaborate on annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes.
- Optimize, design and maintain key metrics dashboarding tools and processes.
- Support the VP, FP&A and Investor Relations in the preparation of monthly / quarterly discussion materials for investors, the executive team and Board meetings.
- Analyze and explain business impact of variances and determine short- and long-term impacts to the forecasts.
- Participate in cash management forecasting.
- Take part in preparing any future fundraising processes, M&A activities and due diligence.
- Benchmark financial results, operating metrics, and other industry best practices with key competitors.
- Work closely with the VP, FP&A and Investor Relations and various levels of management to produce business cases, scenario modeling, identifying opportunities to improve profitability and reduce costs.
- Understand accounting policies (IFRS) and ensure accurate reflection in the various planning and reporting tools.
- Manage the implementation and maintenance of relevant software and tools through coordination with IT and other departments, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting, CPA title is an asset.
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in relevant areas such as FP&A, management consulting, corporate finance, investment banking or venture capital.
- Great financial modeling skills and advanced proficiency in Excel / PowerPoint.
- Ability to convey key messages in a concise manner through presentations.
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting standards.
- Able to perform in a changing environment.
- Knowledge of Oracle NetSuite, an asset.
- Prior experience with BI tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau), an asset.
- Fluent in English, French is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, rigorous approach to problem solving, ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Self-starter, highly organized, independent and self-motivated.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Generous group health insurance plan.
- Access to the virtual healthcare platform Dialogue.
- Access to the company's stock option plan.
- 16 days of vacation per year, which increases with seniority at the company.
- Offices closed during the holidays.
- Wellness allocation of $840 per year (for gym memberships, sportswear, etc.).
- In-house training programs on our company and industry.
- Encouragement and funding of continuing education and training.
- Very active social committee and free online sports classes.
- Access to a tool that measures your engagement and job satisfaction anonymously.
- Pairing with a buddy for your first 6 months.
- Advantageous referral program.
- Young, inspiring, and dynamic work environment in Montréal's Mile End.
- Casual dress code.
- Work from home and flexible hours.
- And more!
About district m
district m is a company founded in Montreal in 2013, offering programmatic solutions.
In March 2021, district m and US company Sharethrough merged to become one of the leading modern omnichannel ad exchanges.
Our company mission is to build a sustainable advertising ecosystem for journalists, content creators, and app developers, by connecting publishers and advertisers with true technology innovation supporting all ad formats, devices, and user experiences.
Joining our company means joining a team of inspiring people who are continually looking for ways to push the boundaries. We are proud to offer a pleasant and open work environment where everyone is encouraged to share their ideas and where everyone's opinion is heard.
With presence in Montreal, Toronto, New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Austin, district m and Sharethrough’s fast-growing combined company intends to make its mark in the digital media environment as the partner of choice for any type of business.