district m is seeking an Excel guru to be our next Financial Analyst within the Financial Planning & Analysis team. We are looking for someone self-driven, extremely detail-oriented with the ability to jungle on multiple projects. This is your chance to join a rocketship and build a successful career with many learning opportunities in a fast-paced environment.
- Participate in the improvement of the company’s financial model and in building new models that enable leadership to make effective strategic decisions.
- Assist the team in annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes.
- Automate and optimize efficient and accurate data flows between various financial and enterprise systems allowing for sustainable and scalable reporting.
- Support the team in the preparation of monthly / quarterly discussion materials for investors, the executive team and Board meetings.
- Analyze business impact of variances and help determine short- and long-term impacts to the forecasts.
- Participate in cash management forecasting.
- Take part in preparing any future fundraising processes, M&A activities and due diligence.
- Benchmark financial results, operating metrics, and other industry best practices with key competitors.
- Collaborate on producing business cases, scenario modeling, and identifying opportunities to improve profitability and reduce costs.
- Understand accounting policies (IFRS) and ensure accurate reflection in the various planning and reporting tools.
- Participate in the implementation and maintenance of relevant software and tools, as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Commerce, Accounting or Finance.
- Expert knowledge of Excel is a must.
- 1-3 years experience related to Financial Analysis.
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Detail-oriented, autonomous, and able to take initiative.
- Able to handle a high volume of transactions and changes.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
We'll definitely contact you if you have...
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting.
- Experience with BI Tools (Looker, Tableau, etc.).
- Experience with Finance tools (NetSuite, Adaptive Insights, planning software).
- Strong interest in Information Systems Software.
- Experience building KPI.
- Excellent written and spoken French.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Generous group health insurance plan.
- Access to the virtual healthcare platform Dialogue.
- Access to the company's stock option plan.
- 16 days of vacation per year, which increases with seniority at the company.
- Offices closed during the holidays.
- Wellness allocation of $840 per year (for gym memberships, sportswear, etc.).
- In-house training programs on our company and industry.
- Encouragement and funding of continuing education and training.
- Very active social committee and free online sports classes.
- Access to a tool that measures your engagement and job satisfaction anonymously.
- Pairing with a buddy for your first 6 months.
- Advantageous referral program.
- Young, inspiring, and dynamic work environment in Montréal's Mile End.
- Casual dress code.
- Work from home and flexible hours.
- And more!
About district m
district m is a company founded in Montreal in 2013, offering programmatic solutions.
In March 2021, district m and US company Sharethrough merged to become one of the leading modern omnichannel ad exchanges.
Our company mission is to build a sustainable advertising ecosystem for journalists, content creators, and app developers, by connecting publishers and advertisers with true technology innovation supporting all ad formats, devices, and user experiences.
Joining our company means joining a team of inspiring people who are continually looking for ways to push the boundaries. We are proud to offer a pleasant and open work environment where everyone is encouraged to share their ideas and where everyone's opinion is heard.
With presence in Montreal, Toronto, New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Austin, district m and Sharethrough’s fast-growing combined company intends to make its mark in the digital media environment as the partner of choice for any type of business.