Following their recent merger, District M / Sharethrough are growing their Marketing team! We are seeking a Marketing Communications Specialist with experience in creating and writing technical marketing content in the digital marketing field. Ideally the position will be based in Quebec or Ontario but we are open to other locations in North America.
Content marketing being at the heart of our strategy, you will collaborate not only with the rest of the marketing team, but also with the product team to create engaging content to raise the company’s profile and position it as a leader in the industry.
If you enjoy working with people with highly technical expertise, you are passionate about communications, digital marketing and technology, and you have a great, creative writing style, we want to meet you!
- Write, edit and publish technical marketing content on District M / Sharethrough’s company, products and industry, such as blog articles, white papers, advertising content, social media and website content, and press releases to be made available through various channels.
- Work in close collaboration with the product team to synthesize and vulgarize the description, developments and news of our products and make them understandable and accessible through different communication channels.
- Actively monitor industry news and trends and write reviews, opinions and comments on them on behalf of the company, staying ahead of the competition.
- Seek input from several actors and thought leaders at different levels of the organization to produce optimal, thoughtful and industry-leading publications.
- Revise and reread texts to ensure that the tone and voice comply with the brand guidelines and that the material is free of errors.
- Guarantee the linguistic quality of all our projects throughout their execution.
- Ensure that the content is optimized for the SEO keywords to promote organic traffic.
- Collaborate with graphic designers in the production of digital multimedia content.
- Participate in the planning of the content marketing strategy and narrative development, as well as in multiple initiatives to elevate the quality of the content District M / Sharethrough produces.
- Bachelor's degree in creative/technical writing, communications, journalism, marketing, translation, or other relevant discipline.
- 2-3 years of experience in creating, writing, and revising content in the digital marketing field.
- Excellent writing skills for digital and technical products and capabilities in vulgarizing technical concepts.
- Exceptional communication skills in English (written and spoken), French is an asset.
- Ability to adapt writing style according to the message and media concerned.
- Proficiency with social media marketing and all major social media platforms, including LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
- Autonomy, initiative, curiosity, speed of execution, creativity and attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a demanding, rapidly changing and fast-paced environment.
- Capacity to navigate ambiguity and find creative solutions.
- Commitment to deliver excellent work and desire to constantly improve.
- Be a team player who values collaboration and diversity of opinions and ideas.
- Knowledge in SEO, an asset.
- Experience or knowledge of the programmatic advertising industry, a major asset.
- Proficiency with the Google Workspace, an asset.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Generous group health insurance plan.
- Access to the virtual healthcare platform Dialogue.
- Access to the company's stock option plan.
- 16 days of vacation per year, which increases with seniority at the company.
- Offices closed during the holidays.
- Wellness allocation of $840 per year (for gym memberships, sportswear, etc.).
- In-house training programs on our company and industry.
- Encouragement and funding of continuing education and training.
- Very active social committee and free online sports classes.
- Access to a tool that measures your engagement and job satisfaction anonymously.
- Pairing with a buddy for your first 6 months.
- Advantageous referral program.
- Young, inspiring, and dynamic work environment.
- Casual dress code.
- Work from home and flexible hours.
- And more!
About District M / Sharethrough
District M is a company founded in Montreal in 2013 and Sharethrough was founded in San Francisco in 2007, both offering programmatic solutions.
In March 2021, District M and US company Sharethrough merged to become one of the leading modern omnichannel ad exchanges.
Our company mission is to build a sustainable advertising ecosystem for journalists, content creators, and app developers, by connecting publishers and advertisers with true technology innovation supporting all ad formats, devices, and user experiences.
Joining our company means joining a team of inspiring people who are continually looking for ways to push the boundaries. We are proud to offer a pleasant and open work environment where everyone is encouraged to share their ideas and where everyone's opinion is heard.
With presence in Montreal, Toronto, New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Austin, District M and Sharethrough’s fast-growing combined company intends to make its mark in the digital media environment as the partner of choice for any type of business.